Saturday, April 26, 2014

The week in review

I'll tell ya...all of the work before Galveston is catching up with me!  I've been tired and a little sore this week.  And I have been battling a tight left hammy.  No bueno.

So Monday night I went to a presentation about heart rate monitoring and its use in training.  I learned a lot, but mainly learned that I need to get the freaking thing out of the box!

So Tuesday I set out on a 3 mile jog, WITH my heart rate monitor on.  I had prepared a pretty chaotic mix of jogging/running/walking, mainly to see where my heart rate was at different stages of my jog.  No doubts it was quite an idiotic plan.  I ended up doing 3.1 miles at an overall pace of 9:36/mile.  It was actually a really tough run, as I ended up walking no more than a tenth of a mile 3 times, jogged around 9:00/mile, and also ran around 7:15/mile.  OUCH!  My heart rate monitor mainly told me that I need to get my ass in better shape!

I took off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to allow my new tattoos to better heal. 

This morning I rode 31.5 miles overall.  I ended up at a 18.5mph pace as an average.  Then I jogged 1.5 miles at an 8:48/mile pace.

My back and hamstring are both pretty sore, so I am thinking that tomorrow will be a rest day.  I also realize that I need tot be better about weights/strength and core work.  I MUST be more diligent about that!

Getting closer to 4 States!!!  It will be very tough to actually beat my time from last year, but I am determined to find ways to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment