Sunday, May 11, 2014

Been too long

The past two weeks have been highly unproductive from a training standpoint.  That first week since I last posted, I got into the gym twice, the second time with a 20-minute spin before and a short 1.5 mile jog right after.  It felt good to get some strength work in, and I know I will be better for it in the long term.

Last weekend I was fishing with my dad and some family/friends.  I did manage a 4 mile jog while I was there! 

This whole week I have been battling a cold and sinus issues.  My energy levels have been terrible, and it wasn't until Thursday that I was finally able to go get a workout in, hitting the gym for my best strength workout to date.  I debated about whether I should ride with the guys Saturday, but ended up going.  I rode 40.5 miles at a 16.75 pace.  I skipped the jog, as I felt COMPLETELY wiped out after.  Probably not the best move to ride, but with Four States Tri coming next weekend, I HAD to get out on the bike.  I will get me a jog in today after church, and then this week will be full of hard, quick workouts in preparation for next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment