Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A few other thoughts from Four States

Hats off to first timers!  Mark "Crash" Sutherland and Neal Kiser.  A huge accomplishment and learning experience for both, I'm sure.  But I have great respect for anybody that sets a goal and then sees it through.  Great job, fellas.

My swim sucked, but the highlight of it was staying paced with one of my favorite people, Mike Jones.  He will quickly tell you that he is not happy about the way this worked out, and also blame me for "buoygate".....

I respect the Wooley G's for their hard work and how well they travel and perform, but I HATE seeing 30 people from another club come here and take the hardware home when we have some great Jackasses that could have kept more of it here!  I hope next year that WE are the best represented club out there.  It's our home race, and I think that's how it should be!

Note to self, next time don't load up on Gu chomps and put my wetsuit on and feel overheated with a racing heart.  Learning experience...

Monty Murry is a force to be reckoned with.  I love that guy.

Mark Sutherland will be a force to be reckoned with in these events VERY soon.

Tri people are great people.  I love the support, encouragement, stories, and attitudes that come with events like these.  I always meet great new people and see familiar faces that I enjoy!

I hope everyone else thanks volunteers along the way.  These things don't happen without them.  It's the little things....

And finally, Mike Riley puts a lot of hard work and effort into putting on a GREAT race, year after year, and I sure do appreciate and respect that man.  Thanks Cap'n!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment