Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A new journey within the journey

It's been awhile, but it's time to get back to recording some of my life.  The main reason for this is my recent signing up for Ironman Chattanooga 2015!  The race day will be September 27.  

Mostly for myself, I wanted to track what this next year looks like---thoughts, workouts, challenges, etc---so I could look back over it and get a glimpse once it's behind me.  

I'm excited AND nervous.  History dictates that I'll do my workouts and be ready.  I JUST WANT TO FINISH BY MIDNIGHT!  I JUST WANT TO HEAR MY NAME CALLED!

There are over 20 people from Team Jackass signed up.  That will be great for all of us as we prepare and train together.  That will be a HUGE blessing for me over the next 12 months.

My first workouts post-sign up were a 15 mile ride at 17.7mph Sat and then a 4 mile easy jog at 10:33/mile pace this morning.  I just want to log some easy base miles over the next few months, then 6 months from race time we will hit it hard with a specific plan.

Either way, here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment