Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Monster Keller Sprint Triathlon

This race I only did so that I could do the same one my kiddos did.  I hadn't trained much over the past couple of months, and certainly haven't been on my bike enough.  I really enjoyed getting to do this race with my stepson Lance.  We weren't numbered together, but we started next to each other 5 seconds apart anyway.  In fact, the picture of the pool below is Lance and I both, in lanes next to each other.  
I started off feeling great and with a good rhythm in the water.  I wasn't in a hurry in T1, and got out on the bike ok.  It was 300 yards in the pool, 12 miles on the bike, then a 3.1 mile jog.  Around mile 3 of the hilly bike I was pushing hard up a hill and felt my left quad knot up.  I just eased up and took it easy from there, coasting through the rest of the ride and the run.  You'll see how I felt in one of the run pictures that my wife took as I came out of T2!  
All in all, it was a fun event, and very meaningful for our family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment