Saturday, April 5, 2014

Road trip!!

Harold and I made the trip to Galveston yesterday.  Drive was an easy 6 hours, and everything was smooth.  Our hotel is right along the beach, and we have a great view from our balcony!

We headed to check in and got our packets, our bags, and hit the ironman store.  I picked up a few fun things, plus something for Kelly, seeing as how she is my number 1 fan!!!

It was pretty cool walking in and seeing everything.  It helped getting to lay my eyes on the swim course and some of the run course.  Confidence is building.  And the bonus is that Harold and I are literally 5 feet from each other in transition!

We ate a good seafood dinner at Landry's, then headed out to drive the bike course.  By out, I mean WAAAAAAAAAY out.  28 miles out.  3 or 4 different cities out.  Paid a $2 toll to cross a freaking bridge TWICE to a total jerkface toll collector out.  I said OUT, right?  You get the point....

It was a very long course, on only 1 road, but that's ok.  That's just what you gotta do in a 70.3, right?!?!

A quick stop to the store and a shower, and it was off to night night land.  One day closer....

.....well, possibly.  Weather might be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment