Sunday, April 13, 2014

Getting stronger

It was a good weekend overall.  Saturday, I rode with the Team Jackass fellas, and I had my strongest overall ride ever.  Honestly, I was nervous about riding hard with these guys less than a week after completing more than my body has ever done, but my desire to get better trumps any fear of failure I possess. 

We ended up riding 28.6 miles.  It was a hard ride.  Tough.  Some strong riders there.  But I kept up the entire time.  Heck, last year, this kind of ride is one I'd have gotten dropped from the pack on.  We averaged 20.3mph for the ride.  No stops.  No breaks.  Just a long hard ride.

Then today my goal was to have a 30 minute jog at an easy pace overall.  My legs are SORE.  But no stopping!  On my jog, I wanted to do two things.  The first was to have negative splits, meaning I got quicker as the jog went on.  The second was to do 30 minutes of continuous jogging without any walking.  I was glad to accomplish both goals!

No running or riding tomorrow, though.  My legs are quite sore!

Time to raise the bar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment