Saturday, April 5, 2014

My heart might be slowly breaking

Well, after a good night's sleep, the weather forecast is still poo for tomorrow.  Very poo.  I might have put months of effort into a single day, and have nothing on that day to show for it :((

Strong chance of rain and storms.  All day.  Possibly severe.  The only day with that in the 10-day forecast.  REALLY, GOD???

I spent a lot of time last night and this morning praying for better weather, but mostly spent time coming to grips with God being bigger than my first 70.3, and I'll take that all day long.  I still have hope....I never lose that!

Harold and I got up and had breakfast, then went for a quick ride and jog.  A WINDY ride and jog!

On the way out, we averaged just under 20mph with barely any effort.  That always feels great, except when you think about the fact that you'll be turning around soon and facing it!

On the way back in, we averaged about 13mph.  OUCH!  And we had to WORK for that!  I said it was windy, right??

Overall, around a 15.5 average for just over 36 minutes.

We worked smarter on the jog.  We went out into the wind for 8.5 minutes, then turned to have it with us on the way back in.  We ended up with a nice and easy run, very comfortable pace, and averaged 9:13 for just under 16 minutes total.

Now, we just spend the day waiting on ole Mother Nature, waiting to see if my heart breaks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment