Wednesday, April 9, 2014

So in reality...

So in reality, I sucked ass in Galveston.  I should have been MUCH better than I was.  BUT, it was my first one, and terrible swim conditions, and I lost ALL hydration and nutrition, so I will take it.  I definitely did not set the bar very high.

I did wake up Monday morning realizing that if I got through that swim, I can do ANYTHING, and I have ZERO doubts that I can finish the 140.6 in Chattanooga in September 2015.  I'm all in!

So today was the first day I have exercised since Sunday.  I rode with Terry and Harold, 19.33 miles, 17.4mph.  Truthfully, I felt GREAT!  My hamstrings were a tad tight, but I felt great overall, and had plenty of juice for our ride.

I went to the gym after that and got in the water to swim.  Just did a few 100's and a few 50's.  Nice and easy.  Best form I have EVER had.  No frog kicking whatsoever.  A small but great victory in regards to progress!

I followed that up with 15 minutes of good strength and core work.  I badly need to drop some pounds, and trim up my middle, and today seemed like the perfect day to start working on it!

All in all, a great day!

Time to step it up and get serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment