Saturday, March 29, 2014

Starting to wind it down

What a BEAUTIFUL day outside today!  As I enter the final week before the race, I am starting to ease up on the workouts to taper down and be rested up.

One of the challenges I sometimes face is when I have my kiddos but need to get a workout in.  Thank God for trainers and their bikes!

Today I set my bike up on my trainer out in my driveway in the sun for a nice 60 minute spin.  That way I could get my ride in and still spend time with my beautiful babies!

Upon finishing the ride, I changed into my running shoes and we hit the streets of the neighborhood.  Me on foot and them on their bikes.  A nice and easy 20 minute jog.  I loved how much they were smiling and loving spending that time riding around the neighborhood with me as I jogged.  It's the little things in life that matter most to me...

I have really not been able to slow myself down in my running for the past month, but I was able to today.  I wanted to be at a 10:00/mile pace today at the fastest, and ended up at 10:07/mile.  That was really good for me, because keeping a nice slower pace next Sunday is something I really want to do. My biggest goals are to control my heart rate, stay hydrated, have the proper amount of nutrition, and stay mentally engaged and strong.  Keep pressing forward is the name of the game---NOT how fast I do it!

Guess it's way too late to turn back now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment