Friday, March 14, 2014

Catching back up

Been a great week back at home!  We got home late Monday night.  LATE Monday night!  That has been a bit of a challenge to get past, but I'm about there.  The vacation with my best friend to such a beautiful place was well worth it :))

Wednesday I got in a nice brick.  I did 90 minutes on my trainer, followed by a 75 minute jog.  I did 7.67 miles at a 9:46 pace.  Coming off the bike and doing that I was very pleased.  That would have been unthinkable a year ago!

I went to swim Thursday around 6pm, but the pool was full of REALLY good swimmers, and I decided to wait until today to go.  I got in today and was going to do 1600 in the pool, 200x8.  I ended up doing 2100 though, which I was excited about.  I did 9x200 and then 1x300 to finish, with 30 seconds between each one.

I was a bit frustrated tonight as I set out to do an hour on my bike, as something didn't feel right in my quads, and seeing as how my jog in the morning is more important to me, as well as my brick on Monday, I shut it down within a few miles and headed home.  I was just going to do the ride because I could, not because it was an intense workout, or necessary, or anything like that.  I never like when I don't do something I wanted or set out to do, but I also realize that listening to my body is THE most important thing, and therefore I'm at peace with it.  I'm in this for the long haul.  For health.  For fitness.  NOT to set records or win anything!

Well, that's where we are.  The 70.3 is 3 weeks from Sunday!!!  HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

I'm ready to do this....

No comments:

Post a Comment