Saturday, March 22, 2014

Putting it all together

Friday was a shorter workout, yet still taxing.  I did 15 minutes swimming, fast and consecutively, followed by a 15 minute run.  I'm not sure how far I went in the water, but I know I did my 15 minute run at an 8:28/mile pace.  That's QUICK for me.

Today was a triathlon!  Harold and I did 30 minutes in the pool, followed by a 90 minute ride, then 30 minute jog.  My main focus today was hydration, nutrition, and heart rate.  Based on how I felt when I finished, I'd say I had a good workout.

This was my first wetsuit swim, and I covered 1700 yards in the 30 minutes.  That's consecutive swimming, no breaks.  After a quick transition, I got out and covered 24.69 miles in 1:28.35.  I did it at a 16.72mph pace.  The second half of my ride was a tad slower as I was already thinking about conserving for my jog.

I had a very quick second transition, and got out for my jog on a good pace.  My legs felt pretty good, and I was going harder than I think I will in Galveston, but I figured that should be ok with just the 30 minute run as opposed to 13.1 miles.  I ended up doing 3.25 miles, and covered that at a 9:10 pace.  My running is definitely getting better!

It was a great confidence builder today, especially that swim.  I truly feel like the ride and run will be very manageable once I get my pasty white butt out of that water!!!

Almost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment