Sunday, February 2, 2014

This weekend

Had a good weekend of training overall.  Got 8 miles in on Saturday morning with the Run The Line group, then did an hour on my bike trainer today.

The run was good but challenging.  We were supposed to do 10 according to the plan, but a few of the group only wanted to do 8.  My arm didn't have to be twisted all that much!  We did the route where the fitness center would be at the halfway point, allowing for water and a potty break.

I felt good starting out.  I finished my first 4 at a 9:14 pace per mile, and that is jogging 9 minutes and then walking 1.  The issue I had was my sinuses.  Around mile 3, I felt a sinus headache setting in.  Turns out the air yesterday was causing issues for all four of us that were jogging.

After a quick drink of water and some nutrition, we were back out for miles 5-8.  My good buddy Harold encouraged me to slow down for these rather than consider not finishing my run.  That was good advice.  I set out at a slower pace, probably 10-10:15 pace, for miles 5-6.  Once we turned and started towards home, I tried kicking it in a little, and ended up averaging 9:36 per mile for the last 4 miles.  A strong finish.  Great jog.

My legs were a little tight and sore today starting out on the bike, but I still felt pretty good.  I need to be on the bike more and more as April gets closer!  The REALLY fun thing is that I am about to be riding a new tri-bike I put on layaway and almost have paid off!  WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Hope your weekend has been great, and GO BRONCOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment